Archive for the ‘Auto Misc.’ Category
Cannonball Run team sets new record by driving from NYC to LA in 26 hours and 38 minutes – but are accused of taking advantage of traffic-free streets during coronavirus lockdowns
* Team set new Cannonball Run record by driving from New York City to Los Angeles, California, in 26 hours and 38 minutes
* Last record was set in November 2019 in 27 hours and 25 minutes
* Crew and the specific route taken have not been announced yet
* Stay-at-home orders and social distancing have emptied roads nationwide
* Some Cannonball fans have said doing a Cannonball Run during the COVID-19 trial is irresponsible and should not count
* Alex Roy, who set the first modern record in 2006, cautioned against possible road accidents involving medical supplies trucks.
A team has set a new speed record while competing in the Cannonball Run from New York City to Los Angeles, but people have accused them of exploiting the COVID-19 pandemic that has cleared roadways across the country.
The unnamed team successfully traveled from the East Coast to the West Coast in 26 hours and 38 minutes … More
Danica Patrick retired from racing in 2018 with the “Danica Double,” a two-race finale that capped her NASCAR and IndyCar careers, competing in the Daytona 500 and Indy 500. Unfortunately, she crashed out of both.
She hasn’t been in a race car since and tells Fox News Autos that she’s happy to be spending time with boyfriend Aaron Rodgers and doing more of the things she couldn’t during the grind of a racing season.
Fox News: Do you miss racing? … More